Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shine on me


"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain." - William Shakespeare

I read this quote today and I instantly thought of Brady. Not just because of the word love, but because the entire statement spoke to me. For those of you who are close to me, you know the "rain" that I have experienced in my life the past 3 years. I however realize the things that I have been through in no way compare to struggles and heartache others around me are currently facing. I guess you could say I've been heartbroken. Losing two grandmothers, my great grandmother, my grandfather and my father in the span of 3 years, was reality changing to me. My life as I knew it has been forever changed. I still can't believe it even as I write these words that those people won't be there to share our special day or hold my babies when the time comes. I know in spirit they will be there, in the sweet smiling faces of those I love. I don't know why these people are gone from my life, other than the pure fact that it makes me truly thankful for each day that I have here on earth and more acutely aware of the the short time we have to work for God's kingdom. In a sense my family has been in fog, from one sad time to another throughout these years. I am so excited and thankful for this wedding, marriage, this happy event we all have to look to. We all know the only thing certain in life is change and so many are taking place right now. Working on my grandparents house has been almost unbearable at times. I love it, it's home to me and was my true home from age one to eight. I am thankful that my mind won't let me forget my memories inside those walls. Although it's hard to think of mamaw at that stove in the kitchen, or papaw at the wood stove downstairs every time I walk in. I am sure they'd be overjoyed to have us in that house, even though they aren't here I like to think of it as their gift to us. Cosmetic changes have been made but it will take time to change my heart. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful family, friends and future family around me supporting me and encouraging me through all of this. I am absolutely over the moon and cannot wait to be married to my one true love. Which brings me back to my quote. He really is my comfort, my sunshine after the rain. It seems as if that's just how God intended it. I would've never believed in April of last year that a year later I'd be getting married, but I am . Only 21 days after the one year anniversary of my father's death, only 3 days after the one year anniversary of my papaws death. There will be sunshine on April 23, 2011 and if not, I'll dance in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...just like the gal who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be celebrations in heaven and on earth on April 23 :)

    ReplyDelete