Monday, November 22, 2010

As nervous as a turkey.. the week of Thanksgiving!



We have so much to be thankful for this year! We have been blessed with each other, a home, we still have jobs and wonderful families and friends. I am excited to be celebrating the holidays together. This year is going to be tough, things have changed so much in the past 6 years for our family but this engagement has brought new hope to me. I am looking forward to building a family and creating new traditions as we go. I guess that's what happens when you grow up. It's a bittersweet time. I'm thankful still yet for those people and traditions that I grew up with and the feeling of family and belonging that is irreplaceable. With that said judging by the cartoon above, luckily Brady and I aren't in charge of the turkey this year (hopefully no time soon). We have plans to be with family Thursday here in North Carolina then head out to Indiana on Friday to visit his family. I will be taking my first plane ride.....ever. I know I know.. I will be fine. It doesn't keep me from being a little nervous though. The only thing getting me through is the promise of shopping and sweet smiling faces when we arrive there. I haven't seen a lot of his family in a few years and I can't wait to hug them all! So wish me luck and I hope everyone has a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you guys and you will do just fine on the plane! Blessed to have you as a friend even when life is busy!

    ReplyDelete